[lbo-talk] anarchists are such extreme individualists that they put spaces between their words

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:14:19 PST 2013

Ravi: "So real leftists/unionists have as their core values collectivism and abiding trust in the social. What does that mean, in concrete terms? "

[WS:] two words: "party discipline" which means internalization of the belief that (i) "I" is not omniscient and thus fundamentally incapable of making decisions on its own, (ii) organizational wisdom is superior to individual wisdom, and (iii) loyalty to the organization/collective trumps individual opinions and feelings. In other words - you do not cross that picket line no matter how much you want buy an I-product. The unionists score much higher than anarchists on that measure.

If you do not like the "party discipline" phrase, think "social solidarity."

-- Wojtek