[lbo-talk] Taibbi's review of zero dark thirty

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 09:01:48 PST 2013

"My understanding" is a qualifier. I didn't flatly assert it. I reported what I understood, clearly indicating that insofar as I endorsed it, the endorsement was qualified. Maybe "my understanding is" is a flat unqualified statement in your idiole t, but it's not in American English.

I wasn't holding you to a legal standard, not even "more likely than not." All you have is unadulterated speculation. You don't know what the powers that be wanted to hear or that Plame didn't give them just that; you don't know that they don't want to hear the truth even if it isn't what they want to hear; and you don't know why Libby blew her cover. You know, in fact, nothing, except that you want to attribute the direst motives to US policymakers.

The guy who outed her went to prison because of it due to the investigation of a special prosecutor appointed to find out what happened. That is evidence against your suppositions.

Sent from my iPad