[lbo-talk] Inaguguration and terror Tuesdays

John Glastonbury jglastonbury at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:13:15 PST 2013

been awhile since I've bothered posting. I've turned away from political questions for the past few months, trying to find a job with my useless college degree.....

>I watched Democracy Now this morning. A big mistake since it had a long
>story on Obama's Inaguguration to a packed mall.

I remember way back when, (pre-2008) when Amy Goodman actually sounded radical. But her audience, the Obama crowd, has been so tamed that she has to resort to MSNBC style cocksucking. Nobody under 25 cares anymore. The serfs have their college debt, their videogames, and, if they did ever try to wade into politics, the two-party echo chamber does their thinking for them.

>I decided that something else was going on. Obama doesn't matter.

It seems to me that what passes for politics nowadays (austerian trench warfare, two parties building a fortified position, their backs to each other against the stupid masses) is not even as interesting as it was in 2010, let alone 2006. Anti-war outrage, or support for serious social reform; it's all dissipated into a feudal striving for survival, or an infantile search for coping pleasures.

I myself run up into an impotent voicelessness when I try to describe my how disconnected the system is from reality; or how disconnected people my age are from anything remotely resembling political awareness.