[lbo-talk] Inaguguration and terror Tuesdays

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:33:52 PST 2013

> been awhile since I've bothered posting. I've turned away from political
> questions for the past few months, trying to find a job with my useless
> college degree.....

Cheer up. Your degree no matter what it is, is better than mine. Mine says MA, Berkeley, 1969. Like the kiss of death. Might as well be radioactive.

> I myself run up into an impotent voicelessness when I try to describe my
> how disconnected the system is from reality; or how disconnected people my
> age are from anything remotely resembling political awareness.

There is a kind of dangerousness in all this disconnection with any concept of the real, either from the political economy or its sociological foundations and its masses. I am not sure what to call this danger but it is definitely pathological. If the system is disconnected from any sense of the real, then it is un-protected from the multitude of problems and threats to its institutions and systems.

CG