[lbo-talk] France's Marine Le Pen loses immunity as MEP

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 09:48:39 PDT 2013

Free speech is an aspirational goal not an absolute. Its merits should be judged in the proper context. Sometimes free speech can be used to simply drown dissenting voices in the cacophony of manufactured bullshit - as for example in the US. In such cases, limiting the free speech of noise makers can actually improve information circulation.

Or to put it differently, free speech is like free market. It works only when no parties dominate the exchanges. If the exchanges become monopolized, limiting the freedom of the monopolist is beneficial for the system of exchange.