[lbo-talk] France's Marine Le Pen loses immunity as MEP

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Jul 3 10:00:52 PDT 2013

On Jul 3, 2013, at 12:48 PM, Wojtek S plumbed the depths of ignorant absurdity:

> free speech is like free market. It works only when no parties
> dominate the exchanges. If the exchanges become
> monopolized, limiting the freedom of the monopolist is beneficial
> for the
> system of exchange.

So Ms. Le Pen (about whom, I have never, ever, seen a favorable comment in any media report) is a "monopolist" of speech, appointing the directors of French media and herself owning more media outlets than all the Murdochs, Sulzburgers, and Grahams put together!

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying attention to"