[lbo-talk] France's Marine Le Pen loses immunity as MEP

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 21:11:17 PDT 2013

Leftists who cheer the criminalization of speech ignore the possibility that the state might someday consider they, themselves, political threats worthy of prosecution.

In the United States, this may be a reasonable omission on their part.

In France, at least, the use of speech codes to repress solidarity activism and other left initiatives is already fairly advanced.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/michael-deas/trials-israel-boycott-activists-france-met-big-protests-international