[lbo-talk] "The Point Is To Change It" was White Supremacy (was Tim Wise)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 10 07:53:20 PDT 2013

It is essential to recognize that "The point is to change it" is an epistemological proposition. Seen as a political statement it is merely a mere truism, of no more interest than "Can't we all just get together?" But as epistemology it is revolutionary.

We really can't do without the slogan of "Fight Racism." It is in the process of struggle that we work out the concrete practices that confront the material bases of racist ideology.

Carrol