[lbo-talk] White Supremacy (was Tim Wise)

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jul 11 16:28:09 PDT 2013

To say that something has changed radically in 50 years isn't to say it's gone, you know. ___________________________________

OK. Let's do a tally:

Legal segregation? Gone.

De-facto segregation in schools and real-estate: well and thriving.

Misegynation laws? Gone.

Mixed race couples able to rent apartments, when they both show up to look????

De-facto segregation of employment? well and thriving.

Racial profiling? well and thriving.

Incarceration? booming. (One might want to argue that incarceration is better than lynching. But I suspect most would prefer a beating to ten years in jail.)

Voting rights? Declining due to recent SCOTUS decision and disenfranchisement due to incarceration.

Educational opportunities? Declining.

Social support? Welfare, medical, work training? Declining. (Yeah, that's for everybody, but minorities have proportionally greater need.)

That's off the top of my head. Others can pitch in.

Joanna