[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] NYT: Egyptian Liberals Embrace the Military, Brooking No Dissent

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 19:20:46 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM, c b <cb31450 at gmail.com> wrote:

33 million
> people changing the government twice in this short a period of time is
> direct democracy, not republicanism or representative govt. That's
> extraordinary. That's what a democrat focuses on in this situation.
> Not the result of the last election. An election is republicanism.
> 33 million people organized, peaceful and making unified demands !!!!

Charles, did you bother to look at the links I posted earlier, in this thread, in direct response to a query by you, about how the "33 million" figure is laughable nonsense? Here they are again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23312656 http://www.middleeastmonitor.com/resources/commentary-and-analysis/6574-30-june-anti-morsi-crowd-figures-just-dont-add-up

As for the "22 million" in your next post, as the Wall Street Journal says, the numbers "are impossible to verify, but were widely reported."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324425204578601700051224658.html