[lbo-talk] More recording questions

Arthur Maisel arthurmaisel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 04:53:58 PDT 2013

Lol. I don't think it's physical hearing damage, undoubtedly more prevalent than people realize though it is---never mind metaphysical!---as much as the fact that people are *used* to bad reproduction of music (TVs, car radios, boom boxes, music playing in stores), and yes, mp3s.

@Gar My guess is that mp3s contribute less to the bad quality of most recordings than cheap microphones badly placed. (Think the difference between a book and a xerox of same to get some sense of what's being discussed by those like Joel and me who can hear the difference.) With speech, the quality of the recording is secondary, as long as you can understand the words without strain.