[lbo-talk] LBO Tiff goes Viral on Counterpunch

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 07:30:19 PDT 2013

> Which obviously places me closer to the ISO and others who also identify
> with the Marxist tradition, including on this list, than to those who
> sharply criticize the ISO's "stale and anachronistic ideology" without
> explanation and for whatever reason.

Okay, maybe you have me on filter, or maybe you just don't want to respond, but I'm stubborn enough to try again: The main point, as I took it,

from the paragraph you quoted from St. Clair was that Trot groups are largely detached from the struggles, politics, and concerns of most workers and minorities. The coverup of rape and the unqualified support for that coverup indicates, overwhelmingly, to me that St. Clair is right, and that some Trots are not just amusingly irrelevant but dangerously and violently so. This is the relevant point, not whether their ideology is stale and anachronistic.

Can you argue against St. Clair on this point?