[lbo-talk] The NSA Can Read This E-Mail, Unfortunately

Arthur Maisel arthurmaisel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 04:29:26 PDT 2013

Same way Google puts ads that "fit" your interests based on keywords in your e-mails, Amazon finds books you "might like" based on what books you bought in the past. It will be dumb in the way computers are dumb (dumb the way the whole vacuum cleaner approach is dumb). What do you expect from cops? Come to think of it, in a way, it's NYC-style "stop and frisk" writ large. There are going to be lots of false positives, but in the name of security, what the hell....