[lbo-talk] The problem with the NSA

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jun 12 11:43:23 PDT 2013

The attack on Occupy was a coordinated national effort.

The U.S. is currently the biggest terrorist threat in the world.

90% of the terror threats they uncovered were plots the feds cooked up and talked idiots into joining.

Spying on every man woman and child in the country is a reasonable anti-terrorist measure?

I dunno. We're so far apart on this, I don't quite see the point of continuing.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- There is a slight problem with this argument. Thus far, communication among different government agencies has been problematic, even among those charged with the same mission, e.g. terrorism prevention. So it is highly unlikely that NSA will be volunteering information to local police in every Podunk.

Nor do I think that a bunch of kids breaking windows and camping in public parks posed any danger to the system. This is a delusion of grandeur. I agree that if a serious challenge emerged, some officials would likely try to pull something quick - but I do not see why we should sacrifice reasonable anti terrorist measures for the fear of a rather unlikely threat.

-- Wojtek