[lbo-talk] Pregnancy, annoying prenatal advice from uninformed people, and global warming denial

Arthur Maisel arthurmaisel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 04:51:20 PDT 2013

Undoubtedly a part of the picture, but the effects of huge amounts of money spent on propaganda against climate change shouldn't be ignored. One could nitpick over whether the tendency described in the essay is really "human nature" or the result of a culture in which so many important truths are provisional---because scientific. It's hard to imagine anyone being willing to be burned at the stake rather than to deny climate change (I use that example precisely to avoid seeming to be nostalgic for a time when truths were not so provisional).