[lbo-talk] Graber on consensus

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 04:16:32 PST 2013

Shag: "i'd also point out that, as Graeber notes, the bulk of what gets done in direct action circles is done by women. from my perspective, direct action/anarchist feminists also play a significant role in all the efforts to keep social movements going these past forty years. "

[WS:] Good point, I noticed that too. It is also interesting to observe a certain form of the division of direct action labor in the anarchist circles that follows rather conventional gender roles. Women do the person-to-person caring work, the rape crisis center, the health centers, the nurse-midwife collectives that you mention. Males, otoh, move to the public stage - fighting cops, breaking windows, occupying public spaces and engaging in other forms of typical male assertiveness and violence.

-- Wojtek