[lbo-talk] Graber on consensus

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Mar 5 03:42:56 PST 2013

i'd also point out that, as Graeber notes, the bulk of what gets done in direct action circles is done by women. from my perspective, direct action/anarchist feminists also play a significant role in all the efforts to keep social movements going these past forty years. It's the radical (anarchist inspired) feminists who, instead of retreating to the office or academe, moved into local communities, set up shops in rape crisis centers, women's health centers, nurse-midwife collectives, alternative medicine, books stores, DIY _____ fill in the blank. As such, they end up have a great deal of influence on the way a broad activist public sees and understand feminist analysis.