[lbo-talk] Graber on consensus

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:25:22 PST 2013

It has been doing all right for the past 200+ years as far as I know, and there do not seem to be any serious threats on its horizon either.

Wojtek

^^^^^ CB: I'm sure you will say something dismissive of the Russian Revolution, and Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Cuban, as if even the bourgeoisie didn't consider them serious threats ( why did the bourgeoisie wage the biggest wars in history on them if they were not serious threats.. But besides from the serious threats of the 20th Century, in the last five years there is an ongoing serious financial crisis in Europe and the US, the center of imperialism. The bourgeoisie themselves declared that the world financial system was threatened in 2007 , the states of California, Illinois and Michigan were in fiscal crisis and now the EU continues in crisis. It is an iron law of capitalism that the current boom in the the US will eventually go bust. There is likely to be an augmented Occupy response from the working class then