[lbo-talk] Query on Katrina vanden Heuvel

mjs at smithbowen.net mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Mar 28 10:55:05 PDT 2013

> [WS] That is the raison d'être of a political party, no?

Thou sayest, to quote the distinguished Galilean, suitably for the season. But it's possible to imagine a political party having an effect on events even without ever, or often, electing a candidate. To be sure, such scenarios under present American conditions seem unlikely to be realized, so count me among the anti-cretinism school, at least at this conjuncture.

> I meant
> that the radical left political vision is not particularly popular
> with the American public or for that matter any public

Of course not. It never is.