[lbo-talk] Voyage to Italy

magcomm magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 1 15:16:51 PDT 2013

Dear All:

If you are in New York, over the next two weeks a restoration of Roberto Rossellini's VOYAGE TOP ITALY is playing (I am sure it will travel to other cities).

If you need a break from the from all the ugliness in the world and the duplicitous behavior we analyze here, it might be a nice break to give yourself 87 minutes of Rossellini's mise en scene and Ingrid Bergman's face. VOYAGE IN ITALY may be the most religious film ever made by an atheist -- it is Willa Cather's prose brought to life on the screen.

Brian