[lbo-talk] HB

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri May 3 10:15:51 PDT 2013

Some ten years ago I went on a school field trip with my daughter and I was pretty amazed at the contents of kids' school lunches. These were mostly middle class kids, mostly African-American.

Anyway it was ALL packaged, pre made stuff: lunchables, chips, cookies, etc. Not one fresh thing in there. Depressing.

In my family everything was and is still made from scratch. The family outrage was that my mother started using dehydrated onions in her recipes.

They say fresh food is more expensive, but this would not have been a problem at my daughter's school.

Joanna