[lbo-talk] new frontiers in capitalist honesty

Eubulides autoplectic at gmail.com
Thu May 23 12:25:36 PDT 2013

[In 2173, when the Pentagon completes the Death Star, Boeing's logo will be visible from earth]

http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2021037931_boeingmcnerneyxml.html

Originally published May 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM | Page modified May 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

McNerney: Boeing will squeeze suppliers and cut jobs

Boeing Chief Executive Jim McNerney, acknowledging that “I’m sounding like Darth Vader here,” touted plans Wednesday to reduce costs by squeezing suppliers hard and cutting jobs across the company.

By Dominic Gates Seattle Times aerospace reporter

Boeing Chief Executive Jim McNerney, acknowledging that “I’m sounding like Darth Vader here,” touted plans Wednesday to reduce costs by squeezing suppliers hard and cutting jobs across the company.

Suppliers that don’t agree to cut their prices as contracts are renewed will find themselves on the outside, he made clear.

“We have no-fly lists across the company,” McNerney said. “If a certain group is not working with us ... they’ll be on a no-fly list. They’ll not be allowed to bid on new programs with Boeing.”

Speaking during the company’s annual investors conference, held at Kiawah Island Golf Resort near Charleston, S.C., McNerney made no attempt to sugarcoat his focus on the financial bottom line.