[lbo-talk] Blog Post: "Night Thoughts."

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Sun Nov 3 08:18:25 PST 2013

Full at http://cheapmotelsandahotplate.org/2013/11/03/night-thoughts/

What happened to my mother’s dreams? And my father’s too? They’re gone, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. I see all the dead men and women walking arm in arm, talking, around the block near the old house. I walk with them. What are they saying?

“I didn’t think it would be like this, Mike.”

“I sat in the dark every morning and cried and prayed. I didn’t believe in it, but I allowed it anyway. Will God forgive me.”

“It hasn’t been a happy life, Michael.” . . .