[lbo-talk] A short soliloquy on freedom and fishing

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 14:19:54 PST 2013

Arthur: "WS is not justified in treating the issue of what is innate and what as learned as anywhere near settled!"

[WS:} I do not think I mention the issue of innate knowledge at all. I do not think it is relevant to anything. My concern is with apriori determinants of everyday thinking aka "frames" - or unspoken assumptions about what is relevant and what is not and what goes with what and what does not. It would be ridiculous to claim that these determinants are innate - they are obviously learned or "socially constructed" . I would go even further and say that the question whether there are any innate differences in human cognition is a diversion from empirically valid questions, unless one wants to make some sort of a racist argument. Having said that, however, we must distinguish between innate and neurologically based as neurological differences may result from experience.

In any case, I do not want to split hair.

-- Wojtek