[lbo-talk] Bruce Bartlett: " I think it is only a matter of time before the Tea Party morphs into unapologetic fascism"

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 04:22:08 PST 2013

Marv: "I'll go out on a limb and say that the US Congress, executive branch, judiciary, Federal Reserve, and regulatory agencies first and foremost"

[WS:] It seems that your perception of state-class relations is biased by the US experience where indeed the state is in the pockets of the monied classes. However, my perspective is comparativist and in this perspective the US is but one case. The remaining 190 or so cases plus a 100+ years time frame show a wide variation in social stratification and forms of governance - enough to question any general statements about the relationship of class and state.

Alas - I have enough of this discussion and, to be honest, being on this list. While it was pleasure talking to you, you are a Canadian after all ;) - dealing with the arrogance and petulance of American males on this list and on the internet generally is getting really tedious - life is too short to waste it on such pursuits.

-- Wojtek