[lbo-talk] Bruce Bartlett: " I think it is only a matter of time before the Tea Party morphs into unapologetic fascism"

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 05:56:46 PST 2013

On 2013-11-15, at 7:22 AM, Wojtek S wrote:

> Alas - I have enough of this discussion and, to be honest, being on this
> list. While it was pleasure talking to you, you are a Canadian after all
> ;) - dealing with the arrogance and petulance of American males on this
> list and on the internet generally is getting really tedious - life is too
> short to waste it on such pursuits.

I hope you'll reconsider. You're needed on the list. You're a thoughtful guy and you challenge many of us to reexamine and refine our assumptions. Ignore the flaming. I say that not as a Canadian, but as someone who long ago learned about the need to practice "the art of defensive formulations" to reach a wider audience. See: http://archives.econ.utah.edu/archives/marxism/2009w04/msg00252.html. The flamers don't seem to realize they hurt their own cause with serious political people.

I note Doug rarely contributes to the list anymore, and I have the impression he'd just as soon let it expire quietly. Pity.