[lbo-talk] tipping and control

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 19 09:18:53 PST 2013

You can find any kind of behavior in any kind of organization, including one planning the annual Sunday school picnic.

Andyou can label almost anything a purity ritual if it fits your prejudcies.

But all these attempts to explain organizational activity in terms of individual psychology are pure nonsense, when they aren't deliberate red baiting or attempts to defend the DP by switching attention to the "far right."

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of JOANNA A. Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:24 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] tipping and control

"meh. I suppose all the purity rituals in leftist organization - banning people, demanding adherance to behavior rules, constant search for anyone who doesn't toe the line, are you a real marxist or a mere liberal or progressive, if, among progressives, are you a whack job commie - belies the idea that purity is a conservative thing."

Who says a lot of Marxist grouplets are not basically conservative? I had the misfortune of belonging to a Trotskyist sect for a couple of years. I thought they were extremely conservative.

"Aside: Also, don't forget that, while waiting to eat, people may actually be hungry. With so much of our health problems being connected to a diet high in refined carbohydrates and eating too much at one meal, people increasingly have big blood sugar swings that make them very cranky, irritable, and anxious when they don't eat."

Very very true. But what my daughter observed was that they were bitchy before they got a table and lamb-like afterward....still fifteen, twenty minutes before actual food arrived. Though granted, when they sat down, there was bread and water.

Joanna