[lbo-talk] Crisis or New Normal

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Oct 22 19:24:54 PDT 2013

On Oct 22, 2013, at 6:41 PM, JOANNA A. wrote:

> I thought Carrol was right to raise prisons as an issue, and I think he is right to raise capitalism as an issue.
>
> But that is not to minimize how difficult it is to do either of these. It requires intelligent articulate people who can explain and illustrate what capitalism is, why it is destroying the possibility of human life on the planet, and how it is destroying the connections and the trust we need...to believe that a better and more equitable world is possible.

Find a narrative that is condensed, clear and compelling to describe the failure of capitalism. It seems to me that prisons are employed to contain threats to the capitalist class/system. A narrative could be developed to include that idea. Essentially, capitalism has fucked us, and freeing the prisoners might return the favor.