[lbo-talk] Crisis or New Normal

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 19:33:20 PDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

It seems to me that prisons are employed to contain threats to the capitalist class/system. A narrative could be developed to include that idea. Essentially, capitalism has fucked us, and freeing the prisoners might return the favor.

---

My sense is that the purpose of prisons is to provide union wages to the part of the working class that is willing to do guard duty (and used to have manufacturing jobs), to divert public funds to private pockets, to divide the working class, and to make lynching legal.