[lbo-talk] Fwd: Obama Warned on Syrian Intel | Consortiumnews

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Sep 6 17:23:52 PDT 2013

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com>
> Date: September 6, 2013 8:20:12 PM EDT
> To: Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com>
> Subject: Obama Warned on Syrian Intel | Consortiumnews

Obama Warned on Syrian Intel September 6, 2013 Exclusive: Despite the Obama administration’s supposedly “high confidence” regarding Syrian government guilt over the Aug. 21 chemical attack near Damascus, a dozen former U.S. military and intelligence officials are telling President Obama that they are picking up information that undercuts the Official Story.

MEMORANDUM FOR: The President

FROM: Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS)

SUBJECT: Is Syria a Trap?

We regret to inform you that some of our former co-workers are telling us, categorically, that contrary to the claims of your administration, the most reliable intelligence shows that Bashar al-Assad was NOT responsible for the chemical incident that killed and injured Syrian civilians on August 21, and that British intelligence officials also know this. In writing this brief report, we choose to assume that you have not been fully informed because your advisers decided to afford you the opportunity for what is commonly known as “plausible denial.”