[lbo-talk] Suspicious silence

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 13:08:07 PDT 2013

"We" means anyone with access to the internet and the willingness to use Yandex/Google/Baidu. The intelligence reports came from the French and German intelligence services which monitor regime transmissions, not the CIA. (Apparently, some lower-level officers balked at firing the chemical warheads, but were told to do so anyway.) The totality of the video and eyewitness testimony is compelling and credible. You simply cannot invent rooms full of dozens of asphyxiated children. Note also that the UN investigators also found the delivery systems: professionally-produced rockets, artillery which the insurgents do not have.

As far as the latest diplomatic developments: for all the talk of Kerry letting the cat out of the bag, the real story is that after the Ghouta attack, Putin went on TV and conceded that if the Assad regime really did use chemical weapons, this would be legitimate grounds for a UN intervention. My guess is, Russia is working feverishly behind the scenes to get the Assad regime to disclose and give up its chemical weapons, which would be the best-case scenario for both Syria and the entire region.

-- DRR