[lbo-talk] Suspicious silence

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 19:35:04 PDT 2013

Does anyone else notice an odd streak of sectarianism here?

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 5:11 AM, Dennis Redmond <metalslorg at gmail.com> wrote:

a brutal Alawite
> dictatorship -- has killed 100,000 of its own citizens

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Dennis Redmond <metalslorg at gmail.com> wrote:

This is
> an Alawite minoritarian regime

There's something to be said for not sounding like a bigot.

And I'd be very, very interested to see the source of this repeated "100,000" claim. The most authoritative figures I've seen, by an opposition NGO, are rather different.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jr0D1HcU9ZnOjNqviU-YXX6qlC_Q?docId=CNG.42666fd0e0116ccc24ccf18353fde3e4.401

But, of course, I'm willing to review others. Links, please?