[lbo-talk] nearly half rebel fighters are jihadists

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 12:21:33 PDT 2013

Syria is culturally Muslim, so if non-Jihadist Muslims and secular groups combined represent more than 50% of the armed groups that is good news, especially since the unarmed portion of the rebels have a much higher percent of non-Jihadist members. That is actually good evidence for LPs viewpoint on Syria being correct. As a side note, if the US ever develops a sustained left movement I suspect it will be because the liberal Christian churches becomes radicalized and move beyond liberalism.