[lbo-talk] Fwd: SECOND public event added for Gaza writers in NYC!

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 08:40:29 PDT 2014

One last pitch from me, with a little more information on tonight's event, and then I'll be done. Thanks again to Richard Greve for this. - Joe

http://us2.forward-to-friend1.com/forward/show?u=6051805ea28d7ad24c553979e&id=ba60c882df

*Hi again! *

I want to let you know that we've added a second public event to the Gaza Writers' time in New York City. This one will be *at 7 pm on Saturday, at Revolution Books, 146 W 26th St. in Manhattan* (near 7th Ave.) Please help us share this news!

You and your friends will now have these two opportunities to meet, hear from, and interact with three of the talented contributors to the *Gaza Writes Back* <http://justworldbooks.com/gaza-writes-back/> anthology:

- *Friday evening** (4/4)* at 7:30pm: at NYU's Kimmel Ctr for University

Life, Rm. 808, 60 Washington Sq. South. More details on that are here<https://www.facebook.com/events/269287129905560/>

.

- *Saturday evening (4/5) at 7pm:* at Revolution Books, 146 W 26th St,

near 2nd Av (on the 1 line.

[image: Gaza writers in Philly with HC]Appearing at these events will be *Refaat Alareer*, *Yousef Aljamal*, and *Rawan Yaghi*. They are all now here in Philadelphia with me-- and with our hosts from the American Friends Service Committee, who are co-sponsoring their nationwide speaking tour. We still hope that some legs of the tour can also include the fourth invitee,*Sarah Ali*. Sarah is still in Gaza. She has her U.S. visa. The Israelis recently allowed Sarah to exit Gaza to go and apply for the visa in Jerusalem. But now that she has it, they now won't let her out to transit to Jordan so she can fly to the United States and actually*use* it!!!

Stay tuned on the case of Sarah Ali. Meanwhile, though, the writers and I are all hoping to see as many people as possible at both the New York events!

Do come if you can, for this unique opportunity to hear from young writers, deeply rooted in Gaza, who were among the very last to exit the Gaza Strip in late summer 2013 before the Egyptian authorities closed the Rafah crossing almost completely. (These three have all been pursuing higher studies elsewhere since then. Nearly all the other 12 contributors to the anthology are still, like Sarah, trapped inside the Strip.)

And please, whether you can make it to one of these events or not-- do help us get the word out about these unique opportunities for Americans to interact directly with some amazing young Gaza Palestinians!

See you there soon, I hope--