[lbo-talk] backgrounder on Brazil

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 12:19:39 PST 2014

LBOsters,

I have an FB friend from Brazil who is continually posting memes and links critical of Dilma Rousseff that seem to have a strong teapartyish theme to them - talking about too generous welfare, how horrible Venezuela is, that sort of thing. I'm afraid to ask her since it all seems kind of vague and ranty. Casual searching doesn't turn up anything particularly radical about the current government.

Is there something there like the bourgeois backlash in Venezuela that Doug was reporting on a couple months ago?

-- Andy "It's a testament to ketchup that there can be no confusion."