[lbo-talk] Fwd: Chuck Grimes

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Feb 23 11:08:58 PST 2014

>From John Adams

----- Original Message -----

I occasionally hit the lbo-talk archives to keep up with what's happening. One of the things I most missed was Chuck's voice and history. I have very fond memories of the evening the three of us met at his apartment and serious regrets about not having ever gone there again. I must say, Chuck didn't strike me as poor. In many ways, I envied him, especially that altar-like table where he did his serious intellectual work. I wished I'd had that level of discipline it bespoke. I hope someone makes something of his work on Strauss.

"a genuine working class autodidact"--yeah.

Please feel free to pass this on to the list.