[lbo-talk] Too Much Criticism Not Enough Thought

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Feb 22 18:40:33 PST 2014

By criticism I mean left criticism of capitalism & capitalist states.

By thought I mean engaging in collective thought (even in collectives as small as 4 or 5 members) on the subject of WITBD, relating "big" thought (if any) to local practice.

Capitalism is not going to change, except for the worse. Endless pointing out of its horrors never leads to understanding of how to impact those horrors.

No Lenin/(Kautsky) is going to come up with a blueprint for the rest of us to follow. The 20th-c was the century of the Luxemburgs, the Lenins, the Maos, the Castros, the Cabrals. Only those already in action (no matter how small the scale), and debating each other over that action, will contribute much to thought.

Partly I'm bored to tears with the endless whining of Alternet, Common Dreams, various blogs, etc.

Carrol