[lbo-talk] Reuters: Pope says communists are closet Christians

Charles Brown cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 03:58:54 PDT 2014

"Stealing the flag" is a compliment.

Communists are closeted like gays, in a way.

History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A9lder_C%C3%A2mara

Dom Hélder Pessoa Câmara (Portuguese: [dõ ˈɛwdeɾ peˈsoɐ ˈkɐ̃mɐɾɐ]; February 7, 1909 – August 27, 1999) was Catholic Archbishop of Olinda and Recife, Brazil, serving from 1964 to 1985 during the military regime of the country.

An advocate of liberation theology, he is remembered for the aphorism, "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist."[1]