[lbo-talk] Three from Palestine for International Women's Day

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:00:35 PST 2014

"Twenty-two Palestinian women suffer tough human conditions in Israeli jails, the Gaza Strip's Ministry of Detainees and Ex-Detainees Affairs said Saturday ..."

http://www.turkishpress.com/news/393784

"Israeli occupation forces on Saturday fired stun grenades and tear gas at dozens of protesters marking International Women's Day near a West Bank checkpoint, injuring at least 11 women, local media reported ..."

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/israeli-forces-attack-west-bank-womens-day-march

That last one has a video at the link.

Finally, this is a year old, but since Shireen was captured by occupation forces Thursday and is currently detained, I think it's still timely:

"On March 8 every year, thousands of events are held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate their achievements for International Women's Day. Today I would like to take the opportunity to celebrate my mother, Laila Issawi, and share her story ..."

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/03/essawi-palestinian-prisoner-hunger-strike-womens-day.html