[lbo-talk] Comments from the informed? "The 1, 500 year old schism fuelling the clash between Russia and the West"

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:30:18 PST 2014

Any thoughts from those who know something about Eastern Europe on this thesis?

"The truth of the matter is that the current conflict is but a manifestation of an ancient schism between East and West that has been tearing Christianity apart for 1,500 years."

http://www.karlremarks.com/2014/03/the-1500-year-old-schism-fuelling-clash.html

It seems farfetched to me, but my most extensive experience with Orthodoxy has been in Palestine, where sectarianism between Christians is pretty much non-existent.