[lbo-talk] Comments from the informed? "The 1, 500 year old schism fuelling the clash between Russia and the West"

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 17:50:36 PST 2014

Yeah, I got that that part was facetious. But the claim itself was unfunny enough to throw me off track.

I have detected a bit of anti-Orthodox sentiment (if it's informed enough to be called that) among some Russia critics.

But it comes from the same types who would be equally critical of Catholicism or Islam, or really any serious religiosity.