[lbo-talk] US confiscating a quarter of 'Holy Land Five' wife's wages

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 06:40:58 PDT 2014

I cannot begin to imagine how this could possibly be legal.

(And knowing Ghassan, one of his daughters in New York, and two of his brothers in Gaza, you can imagine how hot under the collar I am about it. But I guess that's neither here nor there.)

"According to the family's legal team (who have lodged an appeal to quash the writ) by garnishing Salem's wages, federal prosecutors are functionally punishing her and children for the alleged criminal actions of their father.

"If confirmed, the court order may heighten the climate of fear already faced by Muslims and Palestine activists across the country."

http://electronicintifada.net/content/us-confiscating-quarter-holy-land-five-wifes-wages/13231