[lbo-talk] Essay on Piketty by John Foster and Michael Yates

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Sat Nov 1 14:21:23 PDT 2014

John Foster and I have written the Review of the Month in November's Monthly Review. The title is "Piketty and the Crisis of Neoclassical Economics." I think it is one of the best things written about Piketty's famous book. It is a balanced treatment in that it avoids trashing Piketty, as some on the left have done, because he isn't a Marxist, but it doesn't avoid the weaknesses of his work either. In addition, it places Piketty (positively) in the context of the ever-growing irrelevance of neoclassical economics, one of the primary ideological props of the capitalist system. The URL is http://monthlyreview.org/2014/11/01/piketty-and-the-crisis-of-neoclassical-economics/ Your comments and feedback are most welcome.