[lbo-talk] David Graeber on the Kurdish struggle

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Oct 9 10:59:02 PDT 2014

Ok. I reread the article. Where in that article is David asking people to make sacrifices he's not willing to make?

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- ​There's dispassionately writing about historical events and then there's exhorting others to a war you don't have any stake in. The latter is the reason we called the neocons chickenhawks back in 2003. I haven't seen Graeber's tweets so I take no position on which he's doing, but yes, intellectuals who call for others to make sacrifices they themselves aren't willing to make are not respectable. You can analyze and comment and take positions all you want, but don't beat war drums from 1000 miles behind the front.