[lbo-talk] David Graeber on the Kurdish struggle

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 9 10:51:33 PDT 2014

On Oct 9, 2014, at 1:27 PM, JOANNA A. <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> Sorry but this is fucked up.
>
> Is it bad faith for intellectuals to write about historical events without taking up a gun?

He was saying some strange stuff about intervention on Twitter. In The Guardian piece, he cited ancestors who went to fight in Spain. What he actually wants now he didn't make clear, but some of his tweets made it sound like he was encouraging some sort of U.S. intervention. Which is fucked up in many ways, but especially so for an anarchist.

I know you like Graeber, but more and more people are finding him a bit of an egomaniacal clown. Thus the Kickstarter.

Doug