[lbo-talk] David Graeber on the Kurdish struggle

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Oct 9 11:06:39 PDT 2014

As of two days ago, this is what he had to say in the context of the Kurdish stuff:

"if US military will not confine itself to North America, I would at least wish it doesn't go anyplace new. Okay? That's my position."

I have mixed feelings about David. I do like him; I also see how his academic career and his flash of fame has distorted his vision.

That said, his piece in the Guardian was the only thing I've seen in mainstream news that sheds some light on an important situation. That's one thing that intellectuals do... inform.

What I also see is something like a religious war going on among the left w respect to David (pace Carrol) that is NOT good, that clarifies nothing, and that is very reactive.

Joanna