[lbo-talk] David Graeber on the Kurdish struggle

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:00:27 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:06 PM, JOANNA A. <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

What I also see is something like a religious war going on among the left w
> respect to David (pace Carrol) that is NOT good, that clarifies nothing,
> and that is very reactive.

By way of context, Graeber made himself a lot of enemies in the Sarah Kendzior/Jacobin blowup earlier this year. I won't get into the reasons many now think he's a tool - anyone wanting the gruesome details is welcome to Google, starting with those three names - but his stock has definitely declined in Occupy and related circles.

And, yeah. When it comes to the kind of breathless moralism aired in this latest op-ed, it will matter a lot whether readers have any respect for you. That's just unavoidable.