[lbo-talk] Reflections on Slavoj Žižek’s book "Absolute Recoil: Towards a New Foundation of Dialectical Materialism“

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 06:31:27 PDT 2014

Christian

Good to have you post to the list. I am reading your book Digital Labor and Karl Marx (and having my Cyberculture students look at it as well). I am still not entirely convinced about there being something called "digital labor" that unites all the activities you mention, but chapter 2 is laying some good groundwork for this conceptualization. As careful as you are being in updating Marx, I am eager to see what you will do with Smythe. And either way it is certainly more relevant and substantial than most of Zizek's recent work. Still, I will check out your review.

Thanks for sharing.