[lbo-talk] A question for those in American accademia

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Sep 4 18:37:55 PDT 2014

On 9/4/14 7:50 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:
> Just how big of a deal is the current shit-show around the University of
> Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's firing of Steven Salaita for his outspoken
> anti-Zionism?

As far as I can see, it's generated more pushback than these things usually do (they're quite commonplace). I don't think this has anything to do with the specifics of the case; it has to do with the rapidly diminishing effectiveness of the Zionist thought police among the US public generally. Which from where I sit is quite noticeable.