[lbo-talk] ice floe bioethics - no health care after 75

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:22:18 PDT 2014

This proposal to cut off all but palliative healthcare for people over 75 may be trial balloon, rather than just journalistic trolling. David Roberts said in his facebook page that he agrees with every word. Ezra Klein tweeted the link without comment. With Social Security cuts off the table, at least until 2015, instead of forcing old people to live on cat food, I guess the "Church of the Savvy" now wants to see if it can turn old people into cat food instead.

My mom is 92, and she recently managed to lacerate her shin. The laceration became infected and is now being treated with antibiiotics. One of the things this article advocates is no antibiotics for people over 75.

Ice floe bioethics. We are better off dead after 75, so denying us medical care from then is for our own good. The fact that it would fatten the profits of the masters of the universe is merely a happy co-benefit that it would be in very bad taste to discuss.

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/09/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75/379329/

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow Twitter: GarLipow Solving the Climate Crisis web page: SolvingTheClimateCrisis.com Grist Blog: http://grist.org/author/gar-lipow/ Online technical reference: http://www.nohairshirts.com